About the Role and Team
At Tiny Earth Toys, we are on a mission to build a society of environmental stewards to save our planet starting with our youngest learners. We are looking for a front end developer to play a critical role supporting families who are changing the paradigm of ownership and consumption. This role is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to shape the future of the circular economy, to contribute to the rapid scaling of a mission-based startup, and to pioneer the next frontier in conscious consumerism.
Tiny Earth’s engineering and product team is nascent but is part of a greater organization that seeks to understand, listens deeply and actively, challenges each other with care, and authentically cares about the customer experience and environmental impact of our business decisions. We’re looking for our first front end developer who will help shape a growing business and understands that a diversity of perspective and experience are key to building great products.
The person in this role will have a penchant for solving interesting problems. Is an independent worker who is comfortable taking ownership of assigned projects and is comfortable working in a dynamic environment where needs shift quickly.
In this role you will work primarily on the customer facing technology at Tiny Earth Toys. This includes working in Shopify and our suite of integrated applications including Mailchimp, Recharge and ShipStation. You will be working on web and UX projects with a keen eye for design and user experience. You will help conceptualize and launch new features, products and services for our customers
This role will report to our VP of Engineering, Juee Tendukar who has extensive experience building new technology and mentoring engineers.
We’re looking for someone who
- Is pragmatic - you put the customer first and strike a strong balance building the best possible customer experiences within engineering constraints
- Proficient in HTML, CSS, JQuery and latest frontend technologies
- Can communicate verbally and in writing with a team of professionals
- Believes that good product development depends on diversity, collaboration, communication, and empathy
- Assumes positive intent and seeks to understand through inquiry
- Would like to participate in the product development process, from requirements to launch
- Stays current with new technological advancements and innovations
Bonus points if you
- Have experience developing on Shopify or building Shopify integrations
- Have experience with UX/UI best practices
- Have experience with prototyping software like Figma
- Have experience with email template design
- Have experience with mobile development
- API integration experience
To apply, please send a resume and email stating why you want to work at Tiny Earth Toys to email@example.com
About Tiny Earth Toys
Tiny Earth Toys is on a mission to change the paradigm of ownership and consumption starting with toys. As a first-mover in the circular economy of children’s educational products, we launched in 2020 and quickly sold out of our first release. We launched our full product line in early 2021 to help families access trusted age-appropriate educational products and content, reduce clutter and the anxiety associated with too much stuff and model their environmental values to their little learners.
Tiny Earth Toys highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital or parental status or any other status protected by law.